Monday, July 13, 2009

Home Training


A guy told me a story of how he watched a young man at his church follow an attractive young woman in the hall way to "check her out". He said that it ticked him off that this guy was treating church as a pick-up spot.---Well, I haven't heard of that one at our church, but I've heard of other things that should be highlighted. Since there isn't a guidebook we need to have an avenue to give a little "home training", so I will try it right here for the few readers we have.

Scoot over- when someone looks like that need a place to sit...scoot over.

Be quiet- when the pastor or someone is speaking...be quiet. Show respect. It amazes me how loud people talk when they think they are whispering. You don't know how many times people behind you are disturbed and can't listen because of your noisy antics. Your disturbance might stand between a person and where they spend eternity. (I would say especially during the Invitation, but then again that would make it sound like it was okay at other times.)

Lastly, Don't get up during the service---it doesn't bother me, but I hear people quite often lose touch because somebody got up and walked out during the service. (I'm not talking about someone being sick or serious issues. We're not Legalist.) For goodness' sake lay off the coffee if you can't handle it. For those that have back pain and fear you'll have to get up; you can certainly sit in the back. ---Seriously, this stuff doesn't phase me in the least, but it does phase other people in the congregation...because they tell me about it. ---So, just consider this a little home training.