Friday, November 30, 2018

Not My Job

It is not my job to judge others. The Bible is very clear on what is right and what is wrong. At the root of man's sin is questioning God. It was in Genesis 3 at the Fall of Man, the first sin, where the serpent (Satan in disguise)planted the most subtle of all temptations by saying, "Did God really say?" Ever since then men and women have questioned God, even though God has not changed his stance on right and wrong. Today men will arrogantly call the writings of God "old"; as if God needs to catch up with the times. So yeah, the temptation is to judge those who say what used to be sin isn't sin any more as they question God. But there is one judge, and that is God. I am not. My job is to pray and intercede for others. My job is to forgive others the way God forgives me. That is no small task. As Jesus said, "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will forgiven."---Luke 6:37