Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Disenfranchised


I'm still really trying to grasp an understanding of the atheist. Sincerely, my heart goes out to one that has faith and belief in nothingness. I know they say that my belief is based on my need to believe in Something, but there is some logic, not to mentions the trails of evidence I believe our Creator has left behind. Without getting into things like First Cause and the Watchmaker theory, which are logical arguments for a Creator; I turn to the person that leans on the crutch of atheism. What happened to my fellow journyman in the world to lead them down this path of hopelessness? It is a path of nothingness if we believe this all leads to just a hole in the ground for us at the end. Nothing really matters. So what happened? I have much more studying and listening to do, but I followed the comments of an atheist's blog the other day, and then checked his bio. It was interesting to find that as a child he had been indoctrinated into Jehovah Witness' teachings. ---Honestly, that might have turned me into an atheist. I'm wondering, not judgmentally, I'm just wondering if many have been disenfranchised with faith, because they have run into counterfiets to true Christianity. One thing I do know, is this guy was truly bothered that alleged Christians didn't live out thier beliefs. ---This old guy was once a young guy that never saw truly what it means to follow Christ. Now he claims to be an atheist. They even have a club! So there are a whole bunch of disenfranchised people out there, and I don't think they are weirdos. What can we do to help? They are people, like you and me on the journey. I want to hear why they believe what they believe, because they do believe something. Everyone does. Disenfranchised means to not be a citizen any more, to not be able to vote. God created us to have a relationship with Him, and there are some good folks that we know outside that relationship or citizenship (if you will). The atheist is not the enemy. The atheist is a person...a person that has been disenfranchised for some reason or another. Don't be that reason. I'm on a mission. I want to listen. I want to understand. I want them to get franchised...become a citizen of the Kingdom of God. Love looks like the best route.