Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Day Has Come


So it is 2:04am on the day of my daughter's wedding. I knew this day would one day come. I'm a guy that chooses my words carefully, and I was wondering when they would come. I held out writing this at first because I thought perhaps it was the chicken fajitas talking to me, but nay it is the day. (sorry for the rhyme) Teresa, Brittany and I have grown up together, and now it is time for little bird to fly away. This causes conflict within my being. Even though she has pretty much always been a freebird, it is hard to let go. She has grown into a wonderful young woman, and I am so proud of her as I am of all my kids. But this is about her, because it is her big day and her guy (Johnathan) that she will share it with. As corny as it sounds, we don't lose a daughter; we gain another son. We gain the son that we prayed for ...for so long. We've prayed that all our kids would meet and marry the person of God's choosing... a person that loved Jesus Christ with all their heart. This is an answered prayer, and I give God the glory. Thank you Lord. Because God has answered this prayer all the things that I used to worry about This Day don't matter anymore. I gladly hand Brittany over to Johnathan and pray that they indeed do more in God's Kingdom work than they could alone. The Day has come, and it is a glorious day. It is a beautiful day that reminds me of that Day when God the Father will hand His bride the Church over to the groom, Jesus Christ. Now that is something to sing and shout about! Nevertheless, I'm sure old dad will shed a tear or two now that this day has come. I love you Brittany and Johnathan!