Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Take it in

You can recommend people do something, but they are going to do what they want to do. As we study the letters Paul wrote to the church, one can't help to think if we get(understand) all that is in those pages; and if we will let the Word of God take hold on us there should be some major life transformation happening. I read God's Word for life transformation, and I preach for life transformation. I would love for people to dedicate themselves this year to come and graze this rich pasture called the Epistles of Paul. ---Just in a short time, the first letter we studied, Galatians, has put stuff on me I can't shake. For instance, "the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love..." And "since we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit." Last Friday I found myself with three other guys from LTC and twenty others from elsewhere in a two hour class to prepare to help with the homeless. We went to work Tuesday for three hours meeting with homeless to see how we could help. These things I say, not to brag; but to show how life transforming God's Word can be when we open to it. ---I praise God for those who are obedient to God's Word. Do what God wants...that is the purpose for those who are in Christ!