Monday, October 18, 2010

Under the Circumstances


So often people reference their plight in life with "under the circumstances." For example, under the circumstances I can't complain or under the circumstances I'm not doing too bad. In Christ, we are not under any circumstance...no weapon formed against us will prosper, we are seated in the heavenlies with Christ, there is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus. Hello! It is high time as followers of Jesus we wake up. We win...we've won! We need to be bubbling over with joy for we are under no circumstances, because Jesus has paid the bill! This is what prompted Paul to write his happy letter to the Philippians while he was in jail. He said, For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. He may is well have said, For to me, to live is Christ and to die is Christ. I'm just fine thank you. I am not under any circumstances, because that would presume my God is unaware of my location and condition; and He has the numbers of my head counted. So, get out of the chains. Live for Him who died for you and was raised again...do it today. And tell someone why you have that stupid smile on your face! :)