Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pressure Washer and Sanctifier

Recently I left a time of prayer that included a time of confession. As I felt cruddy and immature, God loved on me and reminded me that that was part of the sanctification process. He is cleaning me up. The view to my patio reminded me that we had just spent time pressure-washing the house not long ago. That was an all day job (that still has a little left to go)! Even though the pressure-washer cleaned most of the house (vinyl siding) there were still tough spots that we would soak with bleach. However, that still didn't get some of the even tougher stains. Some would require a ladder and a brush and some extra-stong cleaner. Not only that, you know how it is when you're cleaning and then someone walks up or you see that you missed a spot. ---I could not help to relate to what my Heavenly Father does cleaning me up (the sanctification process). Sometimes I think I'm there, and it's like He walks around the other side and points out a spot; and begins to lovingly clean me up (which can be an ugly seen). Don't despise those times for what they are. Don't let satan lie to you. Face your sin and your failure. Turn it over to Christ. Let God wash you clean, and get out of the way. It is part of this life. There will be that day when we get to be with Him, and those spots that we never got too will be painted over. Our righteousness will be white as snow for we will be painted over with the blood of the Lamb. Jesus put on our sin and clothed us in His righteousness. There will be no more need for confession or pressure-washing, but until then, don't despise those times. 1 Jn.1:9; 2 Cor.5:21