Saturday, September 15, 2012

All I Can Do

All I can do is fall down on my knees and cry holy. So, I wake up on a Saturday morning to spend some quality time with God. It's fall and I know I'm gonna watch some football. It's blue sky and the temperatures are getting nice. It's a great time to be alive. Then I get a message that a friend's brother has died. It's not such a beautiful day for everyone. Then my mind turns to the problems of unrest around the world, and I'm reminded of how we tune those things out by merely a click of the remote. My mind quickly switches gears to happy thoughts (because that's what we do) about my daughter who is visiting NYC for the first time with her husband. I bet they're having a great time. Then I think about tough things in my own life, and how I need to persevere until Jesus comes back. I think of all the marriages that are struggling. I think of the $16trillion in debt. I think of all the un or under-employed. I think of all the people that don't have a clue about Jesus, and about the ones that don't even care. ---Then all I can do is fall on my knees and cry holy. And after much prayer and contemplation with God, I'm reminded that his grace is sufficient for me in my weaknesses. I'm blessed to know Jesus the Christ as Savior. ---Do you know Him? Do you know peace? We can't make things right in the world with the click of a remote, but we can be made right with God in Christ Jesus. It's called the Great Exchange. (see 2Cor.5:21)