Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Right Thing on Your Plate

Monday nights are pretty much meeting night for me. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Mondays, nor am I particularly a big fan of meetings; so I pretty much knock them out with one swing and look forward to a great week after that.(Ah, a look into my soul.)However, I got stunned this week. I took my guys that I normally meet with on Monday, and we checked out a new men's group starting up in the church. We were there for moral support (at least that was the plan). After being there for just a short while, I realized that I needed to be there. This group was for accountability and encouragement of men to become the godly men God desires. God put this on my heart years ago. My flesh quickly tried to tell me that I couldn't add one more thing to my plate. However, the Spirit squashed that thought rather quickly. What would I do with that 120 minutes? Yeah, I'm busy. All these guys are busy too. It was about a choice of investing spiritually into other guys, and them investing in me as well. We want godly men. We want to be godly men, and before me stood the opportunity to help facilitate that. *If the thing that you add to your plate changes your life for the better, and the lives of other men for the better; then it is not just another thing on your plate...it's the right thing on your plate.