Friday, May 3, 2013

Chill Night, Apple TV and the Movies

Since I'd been going hard all week, I knew it was time to chill with my wife. Teresa had taken a back-seat to most of my endeavors all week. It was a rainy night, so we thought it would be great to stay home and watch one of those award-winning moves. The top movie (with a 91% rotten tomato rating) was rated R. I had heard so many things good about the movie that I was tempted just say, "hey, we're adults let's just enjoy the movie." However, I didn't want to accidentally see some naked-ness. Language doesn't hardly faze me, but naked-ness is an issue. So, I decided I better look the movie up on IMDb to review first. I looked under "parental guidance" which was quite helpful. Evidently, nudity was not going to be an issue. But then I decided I would check out the language: 75-F words, are you kidding me? I mean that sounded excessive, so I went to review a violent movie that I had seen that had some language that was pretty close to my limit. Much to my dismay, 75 times was way over any movie I had watched. ---I decided that even though language doesn't really bug me out, because I live in the world but not of it; that was too excessive. Instead, we watched a movie that was also critically-acclaimed with no real language that I can remember.---The real story happened the next morning; I couldn't wait for my time of meeting with God. As I began to read the Bible, I was so happy that I had not let those words pound into my head for a couple hours of entertainment, even if everyone else had watched it. Romans 14:2-3---One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. ---