Saturday, January 23, 2016

RESCUED

I saw this one word on a ball cap, and I couldn’t get it off my mind. “Rescued,” it is probably the best word that can describe me (period). Oh, I would like to pick a lot of other words, and even some of them might sound humble. But the truth is God has rescued my “sorry behind” over and over. At times I’ve told people that the thing that has gotten me to where I am is “faith.” Let it be known that I believe God just needs a little dab of faith from us to make big things happen. But when I say that it is my faith that has gotten me this far, that still sounds like I’m taking a little credit. In the words of a famous person that will remain nameless, “to be clear” I’ve got nothing. What I bring to the table is a person that needs more than rehabilitation, I need to be rescued. I’d love to say it was a one-time rescue even as Jesus saved me from my sin at salvation; but truth be told I have to be rescued so often I’d swear He has a leash on me. Thank God! --- Oh, I do understand when Paul says, “What a wretched man I am, who will rescue me from this body of death?” --- So, I’m thanking you publicly Jesus for my rescue. --- Now, it’s time to get the t-shirt.