Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to What Got You There


It's funny how things twist around. I've been watching my favorite college football team fall again, and hoping for next year before the halfway point. This school used to dominate, and have a beautiful stadium, top-notch facilities because of their past success. The guys that are now using this hi-tech facility had nothing to do with it getting there. So I thought, it would be a good idea to kick them out of the facility... a lock-out. Make them go back to old school...rough it...nothing fancy. They need to earn the right to use that facility. They need to get back to basics. No indoor tracks...No fancy outfits. They should have to wear old gray sweatshirts with a picture of a football on it.---Then I was thinking about some things that I used to do in my spiritual walk to help me get closer to God. It rose up as God challenged me and our church to change one thing in our spiritual walk to get more intimate with God. Somewhere along the way I switched to doing my quiet time with God on the computer (I went hi-tech), but then I wasn't always around a computer or that computer. So, I missed here and there. To make a long story short, I'm going back to the basics. I got me an old scraggly looking notebook (gray teeshirt), and I'm getting back at it.

Here's a little something something from my reading this morning. (Jn.3:1-21)

Nicodemus says: "...we know that you (Jesus) are a teacher from God."--v.3

Jesus says: "...you people do not accept our testimony."--v.11

Conflict:

"We know you are a teacher from God" --vs--"you won't accept our testimony"

Here's the freedom of choice plan for man: take what you know about Jesus and believe or take what you know about Jesus and don't believe.

*Nicodemus thought he was a member, but Jesus told him that he had to be born again!

Jn.3:21 "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."