Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home Training


Maybe this blog will hold me accountable to follow through on something. As a disclaimer let me say right off, I don't think I've got it all together. However, like you, I hear of people doing stuff that seems, uh...well...stupid. There just isn't any politically correct way to say it. So, I will find myself thinking (sometimes out loud), "they don't have any home training." Again, I'm sure I've done stuff (and out of respect for my momma-it ain't her fault.) that others thought was stupid. But I'm collecting these thoughts and trying to write them down in the form of a book called "Home Training." We'll see what happens. Maybe you have thoughts. (Send them, even though there is no finder's fee.)One of the most recent ones, and not necessarily the funniest, but someone told me that a person called their cel phone seventeen times in 10 minutes. I guess they thought that I thought the person was exaggerating, so they wanted to show me on their phone (I declined. Because I have home training enough not to look at someone's inbox.) Home Training point: if someone doesn't answer your call a.)their phone may be on silent b.)they may be in a meeting c.) we are not slave to the phone, it is a convenience d.) phone is in the car/truck e.) phone is off f.) after your 3rd call they decided they didn't want to talk to you because you were bugging them g.)this could go on and on. Next time, call once and leave a message. ---This is only about you if you do it. It is most certainly not about anyone I've talked to lately.