Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unimportant

Go away for 7 days and the world doesn't completely cave in. Most pastors (who aren't normal people by the way)fear taking a vacation whether they admit it or not. They feel like the flock needs to be held and cuddled continually. Yet, the pastor will go crazy if he doesn't get out of "dodge" every now and then. AHHHHHHH. It was good to be away, and God was gracious enough to not let everything fall apart (not that I know of anyway...just don't tell me). I've got to admit, this time away came at just the right time for Teresa and me. I was getting stressed and feeling the wounds of combat; and I didn't even know it. Thanks church for "stepping up" and letting us relax. ---Old sarge is back though...so pray hard, and let's go. Love ya. It is a privilege to serve the LORD with folks that want more than the status quo.