Tuesday, December 6, 2011

3 Spots Left

It was nearly a year ago that I listened as God spoke to me in one of those 3am conversations. He told me to challenge our church with this $100 Challenge. Each week a different person offered me a $100 bill to which I handed to one of our small groups to go help someone (person or organization that was helping people) in the local community. They had to video (30-45 sec) and show on Sunday. --- I gave the first Sunday, but after that I didn't know if people would give or not. Remember: the same person could not give twice. Consequently, people that couldn't easily give $100 would have to rise to the occasion. AND YOU DID! Single moms, single dads, starving college students, etc. have all been among the givers. You have helped individuals that God made you aware of, and you have helped organizations that were excited to get a little extra help. Thank you. Thank you. And God bless you. We've now blessed this community close to $5,000... a hundred dollars at a time. ---We have three spots left. I have no idea what God wants us to do next year, but we've certainly learned a lot. We've learned that we don't miss an occasional $100, and it makes people smile when you give them $100 of help. It brings out the best. ---It has been cool, because I've never begged for the $100. On occasion I simply reminded you that I had no one "on deck" to give it. Well, we are at the end of the called venture with three open spots to finish the year. If more than three people step up, who knows we might keep doing it (but maybe without the videos). We'll see. Holla, if you want to be a blessing to your community. Peace.