Monday, December 26, 2011

You Can Do It

You can absolutely do what God has called you to do. I hear folks give all kinds of excuses for why they can't do something God has called them to do. Now, you do have to be smart. God may have called you to do something, but He hasn't quite equipped you yet. Know this: whom God calls He equips. However, more often than not people never leave the launching pad. In my case, God called me out of a fifteen year career in business to preach. That is not everyone's call. And yes, it is true if you can do anything besides preach you should do that. But even after God clearly placed that call on my life, it was a year before I started seminary and three years before I started preaching on a regular basis. In fact, while the call to preach was clear the details were muddy for a few years. And then when the details were clear it was frightening. Things didn't make sense. Even though I felt like a "fish out of water" in my previous career it was something that I was comfortable with, familiar with and good at. Not to mention, the oldest of our four children was about to start high school. Look, there is a never a good time to leave your comfort zone, but when God makes it clear you have to go. There is nothing like being in the center of God's will. I don't know what God has called you to do, but I do know that He has designed each one of us to be a part of His amazing story. Don't make excuses and miss out on "God stuff." You can do it. This is a new year. Let's all get out of the boat and walk on water! Be a part of the story. Quit reading about it from everyone else.