Friday, December 27, 2013

Keep On Praying

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.-Rom.12:12 NLT The Creator of the Universe is the One to whom I pray every day. With Him all things are possible! So I catch myself praying for people and situations that are completely out of control. And in these prayers sometimes I’m like rolling dice. I forget that the One to whom I pray makes all things possible. Confidence is lacking frequently in my prayers. So Paul says here, “Rejoice in our confident hope.” What am I doing praying as if I am one without hope? The dead have come back to life. Marriages have been restored. People have been healed. People have lived meaningful lives for Christ when the world labeled them “disabled.” I have seen God do the most miraculous thing (bringing men from death to life everlasting). I have seen God move mountains (do things that no one believed could be done). I have walked on water (done things in Christ that I could never do on my own). I (we) can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (us). Pray like it! God may answer our prayers with “no, yes, or wait”; but we can pray in confidence for Father knows best. ---So don’t freak out when troubles come. Pray. Troubles will come. When life happens (aka troubles), “be patient...and keep on praying.”