Friday, November 13, 2009

I had to look it up


Minding my own business I was reading a sports clip about how NBA superstar Lebron James was going to change his jersey number next year to pay homage to MJ's 23. He currently wears that number and would relinquish and suggested others follow suit. That was not the storyline that got me curious. What stirred me up was his new number 6. The 24 year old all star gave the reasoning for his new number choice and it partially had to do with his two children and their birthdates. Uh-oh! Two kids. I didn't know Lebron was married. So I checked it out. He's not. He says he is. He defined marriage as his girlfriend lives with him and not her mama. Here in lies the problem with our society and the struggles of identity that children go through. When we make our own rules and laws for our own convenience, or so that we don't have to make or keep a true commitment someone will suffer when we just bow out of the relationship. The ones that suffer are the children. WOMEN STOP THIS INSANITY AND MAKE THE MAN COMMIT. MEN SHOW RESPECT, AND MAKE A TRUE COMMITMENT. What are we teaching our children?