Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Rub

I would consider myself mildly informed about things like Healthcare Reform and the Bill that is before us. I must say I'm disappointed at the rapid rate in which some leaders tried to run the bill through while saying they want to be transparent. ---But I heard some stuff from a guy that I consider reputable, John Stossel formerly 20/20 fame. He is a journalist that checks things out and I've just noticed him to be fair. He was on FOX last night and shared how the AARP has backed the current health plan. But, he gave an insight that was frightening. Yes, it is frightening when just a few folks in that organization can speak for the multitude who are just paying dues to get discounts at PoFolks and whatnot. The leaders and board of AARP are former politicians who I guess are getting a paycheck there instead of government. Not only that, the AARP will profit from Gap insurance. We will stick our children with a huge debt...the governing party is happy...the AARP leadership is happy...and all is nice. NO! Heck no!---Check it out. I don't want to confuse anyone, but as I listened to Stossel; it made sense. And he was passionately upset about. Don't take my word...check it out. The AARP doesn't make it's money off membership. It makes it off things like Gap insurance. Stossel sent his card in. We've got to get out of debt! Cut health care costs. Put the people that solved the Apollo 13 crisis in charge. Gates, Buffet, somebody make it stop!