Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Something I was told when we first started the church was "people will always be coming and going." That was tough to take as a church of eleven or so people. We would get people in and then supposedly lose them. But then I learned early that it was better that some leave. Through the years I've felt that we as a church body need to be able to get along, so it is important that we can absorb every different personality that exists. God has blessed and we have grown. People still come and go. Some people move away and some are called by God to other places. Some bail-out on their Christian responsibilities. People don't belong to us, they belong to God. I'm thankful to God that we've been privileged to serve alongside some great folks. Also, I am hopeful that we've been a positive influence on them; whether they've moved because of job/military or went on to help another church. I hope that those that have fallen out of love with Christ will make it back. So, we will always say goodbye, but we will also be saying hello to new folks as God sends our way. In the meantime, let's make each other better for God's glory.