Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not my Birthday


Wow today has gone by unceremoniously. I realized about midday that 10 years ago today I dove into this thing called church planting. I left my job, and joined the rank of church planters. What had no people at first, started as a lot of prayer. Then God added a few people here and there. Initially, it was known as the Spencerfield Mission. We had to have some kind of a name for folks to be able to give their offering. Praise the LORD, my family has survived...we haven't made to many people mad along the way, and most importantly God has been incredible in allowing us to lead hundreds to Christ (which is something I wasn't doing as a Sunday school teacher/deacon). I just want to say thank you to the people that have stuck with us through thick and thin. It ain't easy being me, but I also know it isn't easy being you (putting up with me). Let's continue to strive to be on the same page with God, and join Him at work. Thanks to my family, who no doubt gets the scraps at times. Much love out to my wife, Teresa, who has been a champion in enduring this calling. God bless Living Truth!