Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Woke up

God shook me out of bed this morning, and sent me straight to the computer. He gave me this crazy idea, and I know it was Him, because I wasn't even thinking about it. He's like nudging me, and nudging me; and I'm like I don't want to get up yet. But He kept giving me this wacky idea to invite all my FB friends to give $10 to the Building Fund; and for their friends to give $10---He wouldn't even let me question Him. Because I was like "why would anybody do that?" As I was writing, He reminded me it was the 10 year anniversary and $10 wasn't that much---so I put that in the text. You may ask, "How did you know it was God's idea?" You only ask that because you don't know God. God is really cool. He has a passion for wacky ideas...things that people find hard to believe. Like in Judges 7 when He told Gideon 32k was too many to fight 120k. God grew the army down to 300 and sent them to battle with trumpets, candles and clay pots. (read to see who won)Hello! Does that sound cr---? Anyway, I don't know what will happen. We might get 10 bucks. We might get a bunch of people mad. I'm just pretty stinkin' sure He told me to throw it out there. Now, we sit and watch. Wouldn't it be crazy if the Spirit of God touched 40k plus people to give the 10? It would be a modern day God story. ---stay tuned...