Monday, October 3, 2011

3 Things for the "Big" Group


We all like to see things happen above the surface. By now, most people have seen the illustration of the iceberg. You see this beautiful iceberg, but beneath the water is the huge foundation of the iceberg. You only get to see the tip so to speak. I was reminded this morning in my prayer time (as I shut up and listened:don't forget to do that) of the many growth stories I've heard in just the past week or so. The stories involved individuals displaying spiritual maturity through the following ways: sharing Jesus with people they didn't even know, giving a real offering to God for the first time, peace-making with a person of conflict, helping the homeless, and people inviting others to church. These are immeasurable signs of spiritual growth. For the few that I hear about, I'm sure there are several others. So in a moment God reminded me that spiritual growth is happening in our church.
But He also prompted in my heart to pray for 3 specific areas for the "Big" group (the whole church):
1. A genuine hunger for God (or thirst: like a deer pants for water kind of thirst)
2. Growth in giving (possibly the biggest sign of growth is when people just give it away, dying to self)
3. Salvations (if we're telling them about Jesus then they will be saved, especially if our life matches our talk)
I pray for you. I pray for me. I pray that the Lord of the harvest will do crazy things at Living Truth.
Lord God, use us for Your glory.