Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Cloudy Day

What is it about cloudy days that seems to put people in the doldrums? It happens when we're alone. It happens on rainy days. It happens when life throws curve balls at us. It happens when we're running late (nevermind we slept late or whatever contributions we made to lateness.) It happens when things aren't going our way. (and how does that work exactly? Doesn't God know we're in control?) ---I don't know. I was just getting this feeling of spiritual ickyness surrounding folks. It was like a wet blanket being thrown on the joy people have in Christ. It was trying to settle in on me, and I'm like, "No way." I quickly recalled God's Word to remind myself of my vantage point in life. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,. It's easy to get swallowed up by the circumstances around us and forget that as far as God is concerned those that are "in Christ" are seated in the heavenly realms with Christ. I know, I know we are still standing here in perhaps what seems the cesspool of life at times, but that's not truth. Christians have been buried in Christ's death, resurrected in life with Christ and we are seated in the heavenly realms with Him. We are in the awkward "already, but not yet." (Already saved, but not yet there.)---Just take baby steps through the junk that is causing you stress today. Be encouraged remembering that "in Christ" you're not from around here; and this old world can't touch you. Oh, it will try just don't believe the lies of the wiley enemy.