Wednesday, September 9, 2009

100


My 100th post comes on 090909 my birthday. I should go play golf today, but I would probably shoot a 90 or 100, so I will wait a day.---We had our Love/Dare Group meeting last night. It is 7 couples meeting once a week, while we are (together) for forty days doing intentional things for one another as married couples (clarify: working on our own marriages). It may sound corny, but I have found out in the last few months how soooo many marriages are just a whiff away from destruction. I am proud of these couples making this investment in time. We have newly married couples and longtime married couples. We have found (no shock) that we all deal with some of the same things. By coming together we bring these things to light, and we can deal with them. Those big differences in spouses are meant to be complementary. Oh yeah, my best friends 26th wedding anniversary is today too---Congrats Mike and Tammie! For better or for worse was a promise we made to each other. Just a plug---if you get a chance to do the Love/Dare, go for it. We may offer it again if people want to do it. I love my God who is way too merciful and gracious to me. I love my wife who is way too wonderful to me. I love my kids who are the coolest and bestest. I love my folks who made good decisions early in my life that probably saved my life from going the wrong direction. I love and hope the best for my brother and sister. I love the church God has allowed me to be a part of. ---done---not crying or overly sentimental because of my age---see ya!