Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crazy Love


I'm reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I wanted to read it when I first heard about it, but I'm just now getting around to it. It's a quick read, but I'm reading it slow. It is a must read for all followers of Jesus. It's about God, it's about life, it's about love. It is not mushy. It is real. Below is not the main theme of the book, it is just what I read last night.

I could be the next person in my family or in my church family to die. "We have to realize it. We have to believe it enough that it changes how we live."-51

Most of us need a radical change in how we live our lives. Seriously. Not so much about us. I remember coming back from Haiti thinking about how much stuff I have that is unnecessary. Think about all the things we have just to make us happy. Think about the things you buy your kids to keep them happy. We act like we're staying here forever and we are not. What will people say at your funeral?---I can tell you what they will say. They will say nice things, because they always do.---But will they be true? Will many people come to faith in Christ at your funeral because you had already died to self in this life? Hmmm. I know it sounds kind of morbid, but checking out of here is a positive for a follower of Christ. How are you living? Make adjustments even if they are radical.