Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Got talked out of it

I try to stay up or at least just a step behind the tech world. Yeah, I tweet, FB, and blog just to communicate with those that network that way. I've been a few steps behind with my phone. I'm still carrying that "razor". Remember, when it was the "new" thing. So, I have been patient fighting off terrorist attempts (advertisements) to get me to buy the latest and greatest IPhone or Droid. But I got talked out of it. No offense or judgment to those that have upgraded, but a person that isn't so tech-savy pointed some things out to me that impacted my thinking. He pointed out the bad things (the evils) of the internet and the abilities of these new phones. While I don't wholeheartedly agree with casting out new technology because what is used for good can also be used for evil; I don't think we can let those who are easily influenced (children and adults that act like children)by evil have such easy access. ---It's too easy to accidentally click on pictures and sites that aren't so holy. Such pics don't show up on my "no-data" plan razor. ---I don't expect to change anyone else's mind, but please think before you give your kids access to evil without filters. God bless.