Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pleased

It was a great day(putting it mildly)! I was a spectator, participant at the morethanmarried conference. Our guy (Discipleship Pastor: Andy DeGuire) did the bulwark with a great supporting cast involving Living Truth members and Pine Terrace Baptist(our mother church) members. It was special to watch the two churches work together. I know other churches in the association made contributions, but these two hosted and did the set up and put up. Travis did a great job stepping in for Andy. Kudos! It was great to be in my seat...as God pointed out to me how I used to be a member at PTBC, now I was just a pastor sitting back watching people from a church that didn't exist 10 years ago come up in that place and lead. God can use anybody. How great is our God! (not a question...a fact!)
All of that with icing on the cake---a surprise for all of us as Heidi and Andy walked in to a standing ovation! There is not enough room to tell any of God's stories in one blog, but go to caringbridge.com and search 4heidi deguire if you don't know the rest of the story.
We have a ways to go, but today :)