Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can't ain't a word

Don't tell me why we can't do something, let's figure out how together.---Can't ain't a word. I don't know why spellcheck is underlining "ain't" with a red squiggly line. Oh well. ---At Living Truth Church, we're trying to do something around here. Many say or think it can't be done. However, as best I understand it Jesus Christ has given us a command...a mandate... to go and tell the world. We're committed to doing whatever it takes to reach this community and the world beyond for Jesus Christ...because He said so!---So when we try to step up and do something at the next level for His glory, and somebody tells me why we can't do that...I'm just telling you right now...I take issue with that. It is not "can we do it?", but "we must do it." I don't like slackers and I don't like whiny people that tell me why we can't do something. Especially when I look around the corner or across town or across the country and somebody else is doing it. ---Point and case, recently (vagueness to hide identities) I wanted something done at church (we meet in a school. some would see this as an excuse. we view it as a blessing. some would not consider that a real church, because it's not our building. as a church without a building we've led over a thousand people to Christ. so if we're a real church or not well. Let Christ be the judge.) Whoops I digressed! So I wanted something done at church that would have taken some creativity and some work. Right away someone told me why we couldn't pull that off. I ignored that person and found a "can-do" person and walked away. i went about my business and returned to check the progress of the "un-doable thing", and before I could say rumplestiltskin, voila! My thing that couldn't be done was done! All of our churches need people that help us figure out how to do whatever needs doing, not those that tell us why we can't. ---Next time you think about telling your Pastor why you or the church can't do something, think again. A Pastor worth his salt will bypass you and seek out those that can next go around. LTC is going somewhere. We're going with or without you. ---My prayer is that all Great Commission churches do likewise. God bless.