Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why the Growth in the Summer?

Why the Growth in the Summer?

A strange phenomenon is taking place right now. It’s summer and our church is growing. That doesn’t happen, normally. I don’t know for sure. Maybe every church is growing right now. I have some ideas. I think more people are serious and committed about their faith and the unity of the church has never been greater than it is right now at LTC. But I also know that more prayer is taking place than ever. I know personally I have been praying in “crisis mode” for our growth, because “if you ain’t growing you’re dying.” Dying would be a crisis to me. So, I’m praying like that and hope that you will adopt that prayer for Living Truth.
We’ve had a number of new people that have come into Living Truth and fallen in love right away. They are experiencing true worship and have observed authentic community. Those are code words that every church wants to hear. But you have to live it for it to really mean something. Pockets of our church are really living it. My encouragement to the rest of you is to jump on the bandwagon. There’s room! Invite people into your circle. Intentionally look for people that seem to be in search mode (even if they don’t look like you) and invite them in. Be consistent in a CPR Group. The greatest stories that I am hearing are coming from the people that are in love with their CPR Group. People are genuinely doing life together. Finally, be a proponent of unity within the church. Let’s go and bring the lost in and make disciples.