Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Can't GET Me

No weapon formed against me can prosper. Oh, he can get me, but he can't GET me. The enemy can and has thrown everything at me, including the kitchen sink, to get me to fall (with success at times). He has not succeeded with regularity, because I do not live a lifestyle of sin, since I seek to live for the One who died for me and rose again. But with all humility, I must confess that he has proven that he can get to me. However, he cannot GET me. What I am saying is this: he can use his prince of the air resources to work me down, but it is a waste of time. While he may trip me up, I will get back up in the strength of Christ Jesus. All of my sins are already paid for. His awesome weaponry will not prosper against me. He may get a laugh at me, but my Savior lives. The mockery that was made of satan at the cross will never end. Jesus made a public spectacle of him at the resurrection. He won't get over that. What Jesus has done on the cross will prosper. Every christian that is planted in the ground at death will arise a new glorious creature! For I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the live I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. ---Ultimate thought: he can get me, but he can't GET me; because God has already GOT me. Even while I play my part out here, I am seated in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus. It's a done deal! While I pray that my stumbles are few and far between, they are certainly not a real victory for an enemy whose sentence is already written. Amen.
*Isa.54:17; 2 Cor.5:15; Gal.2:20; Col.2:15; Eph.2:6; Jn.6:35-47; 1 Jn.1:9; 1 Cor.15:44; Rev. 20:10