Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

Often people (even christians) will get really pumped up about something, and then the newness or the faddiness (I'm always making up words, get over it) wears off. Let me be plain about something, One Love is not a one time thing. It is not a fad. I'm really pumped about the idea of multiple churches working together and leveraging resources for the Kingdom of God versus the prince of this world. Let's tell it like it is, "He don't like it." Have you ever remotely wondered why churches don't work together? It's the same reason that it's hard for you to pray fervently and study God's Word faithfully. The enemy we wrestle with is an unseen spiritual entity. ---Okay, I strayed. This will be a fad if we don't stick together. A lot of great things have begun and they didn't end with the Good Friday Celebration. ---Look, I'm a nobody, but if all the 200 volunteers were still acting like me...and I'm a nobody, then stuff is still happening. Again, this isn't bragging, I give God the glory because I promise you I would not naturally do these things. 1.)bought someone coffee behind me in line in the name of Jesus. 2.) helped someone in need with food & gas (others gave the $, I just got to go) 3.) Actually stopped my car and got out to help a person with car troubles. ---Let me reiterate, this is walking on water stuff, because I'm not that good of a person. I could have easily given good reasons to not do any of these and been fully justified. ---I'm excited, because if a nobody like me is stepping up; I can only imagine if 200+ believers in our community are doing a little something every day in the name of Jesus looks like.---Keep the fire burning! One Love. If you're not involved yet, get in on the movement at onelovefl.com. We do what we do for the fame of the LORD Jesus...the One who loved me and died for me.