Thursday, January 27, 2011

Live your life above the crap

Tossed and turned last night due to something I ate. Yeah, it was one of those nights. The temptation was to share that on the social networks. After all, it was a big part of my status at 2:30am,2:38am, etc. You get the picture. But then I thankfully rethunk that! I don't want to hear about your crap, so you don't want to hear about mine.(almost sorry about that well-placed pun, but you understand it was too good to pass(uh-oh, another one)up.) Plus that wasn't the biggest thing that happened in 24 hours. ---In 24hours I got to meet with a person that is growing like crazy in their faith, helping me grow in my spiritual walk, had a great Bible study and prayer time visiting one of our small groups, good conversation with a dad who had a success with his kid's car project, got to help lead a 7th grade girl to the LORD, got to chill out with my wife for a little bit, sprained my wrist putting the Christmas tree in the attic (coulda left that one off the list), was reminded during the day of so many people that are growing in their faith as two more people were hooking up for a mentoring relationship, listened as a group was already plotting their next $100 challenge mission, saw my little girl growing up as she was in bed by 9pm practicing to be a school teacher, got a reminder by God to call a friend that is going through chemo, I obeyed, and the person texted back to let me know God's timing was perfect. So, is this a rant or what? I don't know. Maybe I'm just be happy to be sitting in a comfortable chair instead of on the ...(almost did it). Maybe it's just a reminder to all of us. Think before you hit "send" on your status. What part of your day do people really care to hear about? Sickness, getting run off the road, etc. are all part of life---send those out in a message as a prayer request or something. Hey, it's a free country. You can still put your stuff out there for people to read. I'm sure people get tired of reading Bible verses I put on, and maybe my blog, and maybe whatever I write. It's thoughts like that that keep from hitting the send button a lot. Have a great day, and live above the crap; dwell on the great events of the day!