Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ripped off but so true

Below is a blog I totally ripped of from a Pastor named Artie Davis. enjoy. Being a pastor and leader for almost 30 years (I know I don’t look that old, thanks!), I have heard it all, seen it all, witnessed it all & seen all TOO MUCH! But in the middle of hearing God’s voice, intensely following God’s lead, getting your praise on, someone can ask, call, text, em, dm, Facebook or Twitter you one of these Q’s, and I swear, I want to “go off” on that person so bad, they have no idea! So… if you are ever tempted to ask a man of God, who is diligently leading with all he has and trying to follow God, DON’T ask any of these questions… (not responsible for what may come next!)

1. Why are we doing that? We didn’t do that at my other church, what we did was…. (Why did you leave?)


2. Why did we get that color carpet? I like the color at my sisters church it’s…. (This carpet is more godly!)


3. Why do we have to grow? If we get any bigger, I won’t know everybody’s name & then….(It’s not about you!)


4. Why don’t we have a ministry like…. church. I hear they are doing great over there at….(Maybe you should be there doing that ministry)


5. Why can’t I sing this solo? God has really laid this song on my heart! (Maybe it’s because you can’t sing!)


6. Why do we need another service? Isn’t that just church division?(No! It’s called biblical multiplication!)


7. Why do we have to plant other churches, isn’t there enough lost people here in our own city? (Because Jesus said so. Enough said!)


8. I miss church “pot luck” dinners! Why can’t we have those any more? (Because you just come to eat, and you won’t cook for 2-thousand!)

9. I’m just not being fed, why can’t you preach more like…. (Why can’t you feed yourself! I’m not yo mama!)

10. Why can’t there be world peace? (Because there will always be people like you asking Q’s like these!)