Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Way to Peace

2 Cor. 13:11 Paul closes his letter with this:
Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each others. Live in harmony and peace.
Joyful is something you are (be) knowing who you are in Christ.
Growing in maturity is something you do by abiding in Christ.
Encouraging others is what we do to edify the whole body of Christ so that we collectively grow.
Live in harmony and peace for this keeps us together.
THEN the God of love and peace will BE with you (as a church).
I am most joyful when I am living in obedience to Christ.
I grow in maturity by walking in Christ daily: prayer, obedience, in His Word, witnessing, etc.
Others are encouraged by a simple word from you and me. (call, text,email, meet with)
Harmony and peace are most readily available when I die to self.
<> So as I daily do these things and others daily do these things, collectively as a church we will experience the God of love and peace!
The way to peace travels through love.