Friday, February 24, 2012

Prayer Rumblings and Tumblings

As we approach the end of a week in prayer, it is interesting to see the things that are happening. Here's just a little something, something from those that have recognized it is a result of prayer and focus. I already shared where God had put a person on my heart in prayer and then within a couple of hours I had a "chance" encounter. I hadn't prayed for this person and years and we ran into each other at a place neither of us normally go to by "accident." Yeah. Right. A couple of folks were given the opportunity to involve the church in meeting the needs of some people in the community in the love of Christ. As we pray for neighborhoods, there were some opportunities as well. My wife was able to network with a neighbor we rarely communicate with. (We all know how hard it is to communicate in the 'hood. We all go in and shut the doors and crash in our little world.) Then the latest that spurred me on was taking note of the great lengths that God can go to or use to answer prayer. (Depends on how you look at it.) One of our members was interrupted in the middle of the night by the police by a little disturbance. Through this (I'll skip the details) opportunity she got to meet a neighbor she had not really met. ---Are you praying? Are you paying attention to what in the world is going on around you in the midst of the 40 Days of Prayer? Pray hard! ---Did I mention, that through this week I've added several names to my salvation prayer list? God will speak to you Spirit to spirit. Take heed. Write it down. Add to your prayer list. Mix it up with reading God's Word (He's also taken me on detours through Scripture. That is, He has turned me from my normal daily reading to other passages of Scripture. How do I know this? Because I'm LISTENING! Listening is part of prayer.) Pray hard.---Also, share your stories. It opens the eyes of others, and encourages them to press forward in prayer! love.