Monday, February 27, 2012

It wasn't a flat tire

It couldn't have been more predictable. "Be strong and courageous... Know who you are in Christ...Don't let satan rob the joy of your salvation." ---All things from the message this Sunday. Don't be upset when you get a flat tire, because there are nails in the road. Yes, I said that. So, at midnight after the Casting Crowns concert my wife and I along with Andy and Heidi are leaving the Waffle House parking lot. Note: all the other good Christians were long gone from downtown. WF is practically in the back parking lot of the Civic Center. Anyway, it's midnight...it's cold and windy...we're downtown. I had certainly been acting a fool, goofing around (I know, hard to believe). We had been blessed with back-stage passes, great seats and I had been picking at our friends that were sitting in the nose-bleed (exaggeration) section. So, we get in the car and the battery is dead. Ha---stinkin'---ha, the joke is on me. Fortunately, we had left a good tip at the WF, because our waitress was the one that had jumper cables. Amen. A friendly police officer jumped us off, and we were on our way. ---So, I start my Monday knowing I'll need a new battery. It was then that I remembered talking about getting a flat. Fortunately, I lived what I preached. I didn't get bothered a bit. The car is old enough it should have needed a new battery. No surprise. No anger. No whoa is me. It's just life. So I prepared to pay the price for the battery. When I called to check on prices, I asked the guy the make of the battery. It turns out it was the same manufacturer of my old one. Where is this going? Well, I get there to exchange my old battery and come to find out that I had actually bought this one there a while back and only had to pay half price! Nice. Amen and a thank you Lord! ---So, here's your take away. No, it wasn't a flat tire, but a dead battery on Monday morning is just the same. Have a great week! Don't let the little things sidetrack your living for Jesus. You're not from around here..."...you are seated int heavenlies." -Eph.2:6