Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Run For It


So my dog is a 90lb, 70something year old, chocolate lab. A few months ago, he evidently got sick, and we thought he was going to die. He could barely walk and was shaking and had a dazed look on his face. He made it through that...oh did I mention he has a cataract? Anyway, you get me. He's old. He shouldn't stray from the porch much less the house. But I promise you, if I were to leave the gate open, he would turn into a 14 year old pup and run like the wind. Yet, his food, water and support system is in our backyard. I am his master. But he still will go his own way. I would love to be able to let him come into the front yard unleashed and just hang out. --- Those who are "in Christ" are new creations. We are no longer slaves to sin. We are free to run. But do we sin to show of how awesome and capable God's grace is? Of course not! God has left us unleashed. Unfortunately, we often do leave the yard, and find trouble down the road. ---What if God is proving a point through our lives to the heavenly forces? What if God is saying to them: "Watch my boy, he could run, but he won't because he loves me." ---His (God's) intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms.[Eph.3:10] Through the church, the body of Christ (which includes each individual believer)God is revealing that His eternal purpose is found in Jesus Christ.