Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Barefoot and Baby

I just drove past a cute teenage girl who was walking barefoot and carrying her beautiful baby. She looked 17-19. It's like 105 degrees outside. A few thoughts ran through my mind. Where's the daddy? Did her car break down? I looked ahead and saw no car. Could I give her a ride? But that thought was quickly dismissed. I would have been considered a perv. Plus, I didn't have a car seat, and that would have been illegal. All signs of the day that we live in. ---But back to where is the daddy and why is she in that situation? At 105 degrees this was no leisure walk, this was a had-to-get-somewhere walk. Dang it. Somewhere along the way she let some guy say what she wanted to hear to get what he wanted. Maybe her mom and dad ignored her, or since they were split up she was unsupervised or lacking limitation/boundaries. Obviously, I'm speculating. Her teenage husband could have had their only car while he was working hard at the Subway. Maybe I just wrote this to say, "Girls save it for marriage. Guys will say or do anything to get the sexual gratification they desire. Perhaps 1 of 10 won't, and that's the one guy you want. Teen pregnancy is a top reason for poverty in America. This kind of poverty is preventable, so save it.