Friday, August 5, 2011

Gotta Get Out More


Wow! I haven't been to the cinema in a while. I haven't had that movie theater popcorn, $5 Coca-colas or cushy seating in a while. But the thing that got me was the movie trailers. I don't know if it's just me, the preacher in me or what. As I watched each trailer, it was the same old story...the world needs a Savior. Oh, Hollywood reshapes the heroes, but it's the same ole same ole thing unless it's a comedy or horror flick. It was just a reminder that God has hidden within mankind the need for a Savior. And each hero in the movies requires us to give a little bit of faith. Have you noticed that? How did the bullets miss the hero? How come the bad guys can never shoot straight? We have to cut the hero some slack and say "it's just a movie." They all fall short. I'm thankful that my true Hero didn't fall short. ---Pretty awesome reminder. These guys are cute and entertaining, but far from the Real Deal.