Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Anniversary Baby

I would love to say that I've got it all figured out...that I'm the best husband...yaddi yadda yaddi. And that's how our marriage has thrived for these many years. What I have learned is there is always more to learn. I'm the best husband when I've died to self. Amazing, just what the Bible teaches (Eph.5). A man is to sacrifice for his wife as Christ sacrificed for the church. I didn't say I do that all the time. I said, life is great when I do actually do that. My wife is awesome, but we are completely different people. (on almost every issue known to man...haha, but true). So, we'll have discussions periodically in the marriage when our differences rise to confliction. (I know that's not a word, but it fits.) And we'll both work on being different...being what the other person needs. And just like clock work, if I'm really trying or she is really trying, then the other one will push the buttons. You know the buttons that just ... well you know. ---What I'm saying is marriage is work. It is love mixed in with a whole lot of commitment. There is no plan B or D for that matter. When you make that kind of commitment, you have to work things out. Happy Anniversary baby, and thanks for sticking with me on this crazy ride. Let's keep on keepin' on and one day we'll figure it out. I am blessed to take this journey with you. Love ya.