Monday, May 18, 2009

NBA Playoffs

In this forum, no one may care, but this is my only forum. The NBA finals are now at the semi-final level. So, I'm going to give my take on the Showtime Lakers from LA featuring Kobe, the Rejuvenated Nuggets from Denver led by veteran Chauncey, the New Kids on the Block Cavaliers led by Lebron, and the Surprising Orlando Magic led by D. Howard. My thoughts are from the series thus far. The Lakers seem to feel like they are entitled to something, so I feel like they will get left out in the cold. Denver is fired up by a great leader and are very deep and tough. The Cavaliers feel like their time has come and they are very good. Some analysts feel the Orlando team is the best team on paper. However, the games are played on the court and focus, attitude, will and other things figure in on the court. I think the Lakers are going down. I'm not sure Orlando can finish. That leaves Denver and Cleveland. It will come down to leadership. Is Lebron ready? Does Chauncey have something left in the tank? Yes, to both of those. So something else factors in. From what I've seen both teams are pretty deep on the bench. Denver looks real lively, but it's hard to tell because Cleveland wasn't challenged. Their subs could finish. Then it comes down to "will." Who wants it the most? I can't answer that. That's why they play the game. From what I've seen so far, Denver looks like they really want it. With four teams left I will pick the upset. Denver. If they lose to the Lakers, I'll get back with you.