Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why blogging is a good alternative

I am sick and tired of the national media telling me what "the stories of the day" are, and what the "truth" is. I just read an article dealing with the whole "gay marriage" issue. Ninety percent of the article read as though the majority of Americans are pro-gay marriage. But then it shared just a little bit of truth in one paragraph:Despite the changes, gay-marriage opponents are buoyed by a voter initiative in California that blocked the state from allowing gay marriage, and by the 29 states where voters have approved state constitutional amendments banning gay marriage. That is 29 whole states compared to 4. Mathematically 29 is a lot more than 4(I thought you might need help discerning that since the national media thinks Americans will believe absolutely anything)...but be sure you stay tuned to your national (brainwashing)media.
Blogs and such do let the commoners speak without all the biases that Bigbrother would pass down. ---P.S. this just happened to be the article I was reading at the time. I'm saying stop the spin. Just tell it like it is. Plus, there are only two or three topics that the national media deems worthy of discussion. Who made them the keepers of what's important?---I'm done.