Monday, May 11, 2009

Tribute

Below is a tribute of a dear friend of man who I am in mourning with. His wife's 47th birthday would have been today. She went to be with the LORD last week. See what Steve wrote:

A Tribute To Pam
I must admit that there is a lot of painful grief that goes with losing a loved one early in life. Pam would have turned 47 today (May 11, 2009) and although I felt that she had much more to do in God’s service on this earth, I do recognize that God tells us in Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God" I believe that God had a purpose in taking Pam home, we may not understand it now but one day we will. I could take many different directions as I continue on this journey but as Pam did in her life, I chose to follow God. I have made a choice to praise God and expect that Satan will be upset about that decision. I proclaim that Satan will not claim a victory, but as for the Collier’s house we will serve the Lord and the victory will be claimed by Jesus:
I Praise Him for 27 wonderful years with a Godly woman that inspired me to be the person I am today
Praise Him for two beautiful daughters that are as strong as their mother in their faith
Praise Him for the support that I have in my family, church, friends and co-workers that have helped carried us thru the valley
Praise Him for the peace that goes beyond all understanding
Praise Him for His arms that were wrapped around our family just when we need Him
Praise Him for loving me, when I don’t deserve it
Praise Him for His many promises; one is that we will see Pam again
Praise Him for his grace and comfort
I chose to walk closer to my Lord, to serve Him, to honor Him and in my service to God; I will honor the legacy that Pam has established while on this earth for 46 years. I hope that each of you will get fired up for Jesus and treat each day like it could be your last.
I want to share with you a portion of Pam’s journal that we found yesterday, the date was back in 2002 thru 2005 when she was going thru so much chemo:
"In spite of it all my faith in an all powerful God – my rock & shield, is always my source of strength. He understands what I feel & I think allows me to have these personal ups and downs- doubts & fear because it helps me "deal" because He knows my full direction & eternal faith is always in Him! Praise God to whom all blessings flow."
In every entry she wrote as she would described good days and real sick days she always ended with "God is Good" I hope Pam’s life has helped someone out there to live passionately for Christ, I know that it has for me.
God is Good, God is Great! ---Steve Collier