Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thank God for the ACLU

We are witnesses. Mark W., RT and I were among over a couple thousand people at a Prayer Rally tonight to stand with the students of Pace High along with their Principal. I thank God, because this is bigger than some lawsuit about student’s rights and what-not. The church was slumbering. The arrogant ACLU thought they would come pick on some little ole school district in the Bible belt. It doesn’t matter that we’re in a recession; school districts are an easy target for the ACLU because they can’t spare a dime to fight a legal battle. Consequently, they can just pick and choose who they want to intimidate and take down. There’s an old saying that says “you let a sleeping dog lie. “ I’m afraid the church has been sleeping in complacency, and needed something to stir it up.
Present tonight was the:
Energy of hundreds of students
Support of parents and other family members
A Principal with values, and an “I don’t care what they do to me” attitude
Several ministers representing area churches
Limited faculty members because they are intimidated by the ACLU
No county commissioners that I could see standing
A flicker of the Holy Spirit telling the church to get busy
<>< I see a great awakening coming if the church will get busy in prayer. So thanks ACLU for the wake up call. There is nothing like a common enemy to bring unity.Pray hard.